Can Shopware can be installed on openlitespeed web server with cyberpanel

Hi Everyone,

I am preety new to Shopware just discovered it a few days ago, but I have been self-hosting & using other PHP ecommerce software like Magento, Opencart & Woocommerce on y own servers.

I would like to know if anyone from community have installed or running the Shopware 6 on openlitespeed server with Cyberpanel.
Kindly share your experience of installation process, installing any dependecies & if any solutions that supports litespeed caching with Shopware.

What are the best practices to self host Shopware 6

Best Regards,
Kartickay Smile

Hi Kartickay,

welcome to the Shopware Community!  Smile
I don’t know openlitespeed, but you should be able to install Shopware on any server matching these requirements: https://docs.shopware.com/en/shopware-platform-dev-en/getting-started/requirements

Best regards from Schöppingen

cool Michael Telgmann

1 „Gefällt mir“

Should be no problem at all.

I don’t have any experience with Shopware 6 on openlitespeed, but with shopware 5.

You only need to add the .htaccess to your configuration and it should work. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

@Moritz Naczenski schrieb:

I don’t have any experience with Shopware 6 on openlitespeed, but with shopware 5.

Hi Moritz,
Thanks for the reply, are you using Shopware 5 with litespeed server.

Can we install Shopware on CentOS 7.6?

As I use the OS for my Cyberpanel install.

You need a unix based operating system, so CentOS should be fine.

Hi Moritz,

I would like to inform that I setup a new server with Hetzner having Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to install Shopware 6.

I deployed the server with Runcloud.io a server managment panel I use to deploy PHP applications, I downloaded the latest Shopware 6 EA version & the installation went sucessfull with just one error in between regarding the open_basedir which I ignored as all the other system checks were green. You can check here – > https://i.paste.pics/10061cf7b2ae7ef84059d7e6ccf9d2ce.png

After setting up database with & Admin details the installation competed sucessfully and it redirected me to admin page but when I try to login it shows me error, kindly check this screenshot here --> https://pasteboard.co/IxKiDTi.jpg

Also the main URL address of my domain shows an improper website structure. Can anyone guide me what went wrong & how I can resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Kartickay

You should open the browser debug tools and have a look at the response of the api call.

There might be a more detailed error message.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Moritz,

I finally managed to install & setup my first Shopware installation, thanks for the support.

Some points that I would like to inform due to which I was facing some issues are mentioned below.

• I had to disable open_basedir restrictions to continue with the setup.
  • I was getting error in browser debug console for vendor.nodejs as it was blocked from loading in browser due to conflict with server SSL between cloudflare & my server. So had to modify Cloudlare SSL settings to Full/Strict to make it work.
  • I had to to remove set_time_limit for web application to make the installation wizard visible else their was a error screen shown to me to root domain in “public” directory.

I look forward to exploring Shopware more & hope it can be a great replacement to my Magento shops. If you have any documentation link to migrate shops from Magento or Woocommerce it will be helpful.

Regards,
Kartickay

@Moritz Naczenski schrieb:

Do you have a example for the .htaccess?

I try it, but it will not run… 

actually i can use the backup and other sites, but the startpage will response a 500 error.

Hi,

the default .htaccess works fine with Shopware on LiteSpeed. Error 500 indicates an issue with permissions, PHP version or with one of your plugins. I´d suggest to check your server logfiles.

Best regards