Updating an old shop

Hello everyone, I’m hoping someone can help me with an issue. I’m somewhat a wordpress developer but most of the time I’m in charge of marketing and social media content creation, and I really don’t count myself as a developer but I do know a bit of wordpress development.

Recently a friend of mine asked if I can try and update the shopware store version to a more recent one to be exact from 6.4.16 to 6.4.20 and after that I was hoping to update it again to the latest 6.5 + version.
But when I tried updating it through the browser I ran into an issue with the database migrations.

I’ve tried looking around for information but couldn’t find anything solid. I came across a post but in German that had something to do with a similar issue but it’s an even older version of the shop.

Has anyone experienced this or could share some advice how I can resolve it?

I’m using a PHP 7.4.3 with MariaDB 10.3.34 if that’s useful information.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hello @pibax91189
If the problem is still present, we have an experienced development team available immediately and can help you perform this update.
If you only want help from the agency, please do not hesitate to reach out to us: michal.walus@speardevs.com or bartosz.guzdziol@speardevs.com.
I wish you a nice day.