Setup not working, forbidden error by Apache2.

Hello friends, I am trying to setup Shopware on my local system with Apache2.4. Currently, it is not working as I keep getting forbidden for / itself. I noticed our server which also has a Shopware installation, that there was an automatically generated .htaccess file, which is not present on my local system. The setup in front-end goes smoothly, until last page, where I have two options, open backend or open frontend. WHen I try to open front-end, I get directory-listing by Apache because there is no index.html index.php, etc in /var/www/ because there is none provided by shopware. And when I disable directory_listing, I get 403 i.e forbidden starting from / itself. When I try to open backend, I get 404. So, what exactly is missing and how to solve this problem as I have already spent few hours in this. Is there some connection to .htaccess not generated automatically? Here is my sites-enabled/000-default : [code]

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
    DocumentRoot /var/www

<directory>
    Options all -Indexes
      AllowOverride All
    </directory>

[/code] Error Log : [Tue Jan 26 16:25:04.015356 2016] [core:notice] [pid 30823] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2' [Tue Jan 26 16:32:14.613618 2016] [autoindex:error] [pid 30827] [client 127.0.0.1:47452] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: http://localhost/recovery/install/index.php/finish/ [Tue Jan 26 16:38:02.326241 2016] [autoindex:error] [pid 30828] [client 127.0.0.1:47716] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive So, what am I doing wrong. Kindly let me know.

Hi, the .htaccess is not generated automatically - it is a part of the shopware release. If you don’t have it on your server, it was most probably hidden on your operating system and you didn’t copy it over. That’s in 90% the reason for those kind of issues. Also the error messages and 404s indicate, that you did not copy over the .htaccess file. Can you check that? Thanks and best regards, Daniel

1 „Gefällt mir“

[quote=„Daniel Nögel“]Hi, the .htaccess is not generated automatically - it is a part of the shopware release. If you don’t have it on your server, it was most probably hidden on your operating system and you didn’t copy it over. That’s in 90% the reason for those kind of issues. Also the error messages and 404s indicate, that you did not copy over the .htaccess file. Can you check that? Thanks and best regards, Daniel[/quote] You were right on spot. I used cp -a source destination to copy files. Then installed again, now it works. Thanks a lot… :slight_smile: