Payment methods selection doesn't work

Hello, I’m using shopware 4.1.4 and I have got several payment methods. The default payment method is Paypal, but when a user is buying a product (it doesn’t matter if it’s a registered or non registered user) and it selects a different payment method this selection is never taken into account and paypal is selected by default so the user has to select the desired payment method again in Prüfen and Bestellen. Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks in advance for your help

Hello halane, when you do a registration you have to choose the payment method. It is possible to choose country, payment and dispatch in the cart, but this selection is only for calculating the shipping costs. So the user/customer don’t have to login into an account. I think you mean the selection in the shopping cart — “Versandkostenberechnung”? The needed selection of payment methods you can only define in the account. There the definition is saved. Settings from the cart will not be accepted in the account. Sebastian

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hello Sebastian thank you so much for your quick response. The shopping proccess is as follows: Step 1: Ihr Warenkorb The user buys a product and he selects Billsafe as Zahlungsart. He clicks on Zur kasse gehen! Step2: Ihre Adresse – Kein Kundenkonto erstellen. He wants to buy a product but but he doesn´t want to register in the shop. He introduces the data here. And clicks on Registrierung abschließen (If I change this text, it changes for registered users too, but theoretically here the user isn’t registering). Step 3:Prufen und Bestellen Although the user selected Billsafe in Step 1, here the selected method is Paypal (the default method) so the user has to select Billsafe again. So do you mean than it doesn’t matter if you are a registered or non registered user, that you always have to select the desired payment method in Prüfen und Bestellen? If this is how shopware works, what is the advantage of not having to register for the user because the steps are mainly the same but for the adding password and I think that having to select the desired payment method again in step 3 is confusing for the user. Regards,

Hi halane, Shopware always sets the default payment method. In this way there ist no difference between „creating account“ or „order without account“ For your order you have to choose the payment method for the first time in the last step. At the shopping cart you do choose country and payment only for a „quick“ calculation. That has no effect on the actual order or registration. Of course it is possible to remove the shipping-calculation from the cart Create a new file in your template directory or in the emotion local directory --> templates/_emotion_local/frontend/checkout/cart.tpl Add the following code snippet to the new cart.tpl [code]{extends file=‚parent:frontend/checkout/cart.tpl‘} {block name=‚frontend_checkout_cart_premiums‘}

{include file=‚frontend/checkout/cart_footer_left.tpl‘}
{* The tag is still open due to a template issue in the frontend/checkout/shipping_costs which has a unclosed div-tag *}

{/block} [/code] Save all changes and delelte the shopware cache in the backend So it looks like: I hope this is a possible solution for your workflow Sebastian

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Sebastian, I will try the option you propose because I think it is confusing for the user to make the selection in step 1 and having to make it again in step 3 ( the client doesn’t know that the first step selection is just for calculating shipping costs). Tahnk you so much for your help. Kind Regards, Halane