Emails are not sent

I installed and configured Shopware 6.
I configured Emails under Settings → System → Mailer (URL …/admin#/sw/settings/mailer/index)

Unfortunately Emails are still not sent (e.g. Order confirmation or Contact form)

In var/log/prod-2023-01-15.log is see the following line :

[2023-01-15T16:26:33.140153+00:00] app.ERROR: Could not send mail: Failed sending mail to following recipients: {{ recipients }} with Error: Expected response code „250“ but got c ode „550“, with message „550 5.7.1 Sender mismatch“. Error Code:0 Template data: {„recipients“:{„thorsten.niehues@posteo.net:"thorsten.niehues@posteo.net"},„senderName“:„{{ sale sChannel.name }}“,„salesChannelId“:„c6aa23ebbf0b48d490237ff19bdb47b3“,„templateId“:„5e09e2c5fdb248da8329b09b16d8b6ef“,„customFields“:null,„contentHtml“:„<div style="font-family:a rial; font-size:12px;">\n

\n The following Message was sent to you via the contact form.<br/>\n <br/>\n Contact name: {{ contactFormData.firstName }} {{ contactFormData.lastName }}\n <br/>\n Contact email address: {{ contactFormData.email }}\n <br/>\n Phone: {{ contactFormData.phone }}<br/>\n <br/>\n Subject: {{ contactFormData.subject }}<br/>\n <br/>\n Message:<br/>\n {{ contactFormData.comment|nl2br }}<br/>\n </p>\n</div>\n“, „contentPlain“:„The following Message was sent to you via the contact form.\n\nContact name: {{ contactFormData.firstName }} {{ contactFormData.lastName }}\nContact email address: {{ contactFormData.email }}\nPhone: {{ contactFormData.phone }}\n\nSubject: {{ contactFormData.subject }}\n\nMessage:\n{{ contactFormData.comment }}\n“,„subject“:„Contact form re ceived - {{ salesChannel.name }}“,„mediaIds“:}

I tried to remove all variables form the template to make sure it is not a template issue … but then I still get the error :

[2023-01-15T16:32:14.098476+00:00] app.ERROR: Could not send mail: Failed sending mail to following recipients: {{ recipients }} with Error: Expected response code „250“ but got c ode „550“, with message „550 5.7.1 Sender mismatch“. Error Code:0 Template data: {„recipients“:{„thorsten.niehues@posteo.net:"thorsten.niehues@posteo.net"},„senderName“:„PlsUseV ariable“,„salesChannelId“:„c6aa23ebbf0b48d490237ff19bdb47b3“,„templateId“:„5e09e2c5fdb248da8329b09b16d8b6ef“,„customFields“:null,„contentHtml“:„Test Contact Form / Email (HTML)“, „contentPlain“:„Test Contact Form / Email (Plain)“,„subject“:„Contact Request“,„mediaIds“:}

What am I missing ?

Looks like you mail settings are wrong.

Really - are the settings wrong ??
The question is how to fix it :wink:

Is your shop e-mail the same like in your smtp settings?

1 „Gefällt mir“

Reason for Issue :

Settings → Basic Information → Shop owner’s email address
CLI : bin/console system:config:get core.basicInformation.email

Was different from
Settings → System → Mailer → Sender address

Thx dNeuStadt @ shopware6 - Shopware 6 unable to sent Email - Stack Overflow

No it was not …
I posted a detailed answer to that other people can fix this too :wink: