Cant pass to step 6 "configuration" when installing

Hi, I am new in shopware, trying to install and give it a try!
When I reach step 5 Installation, it start creating the tables with no problem, but after finishing this step to start the configuration one, it kinds of goes back just as if I never created the database. The database is created and populated anyway. If I enter the database info again it tells "The selected database already contains data. Please select an empty database or create a new one from scratch. " so seem it wont pass step 5 to 6.

What could I have done wrong?

Thanks

I have the same problem, the installation progress but as soon as I enter all the configuration info and save it immediate goes back to Database Configuration and need to make new database but it’s pointless because it keeps looping back

Same problem here.
Jumps back to database settings after the configuration step.

/ Magnus

I discovered the solution. The install actually worked.

On my 5th attempt I thought it may have been the browser. When it the install have reached the input usr information I had copied the browser url to clipboard. Then hit next.

Yes, the installation when back to database configuration :frowning: Immediately open another browser and pasted in the clipboard url and to my surprise the message I got was the installation had completed.

To see if this was true, open a new tab in CRHOME and went to the installation url

https://yourwebsitehere.com/public/admin and was able to login :slight_smile:

After days of frustration and 5 attempts and posting in forms the installed had actually worked the first time.

Hey @Scott
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatley this trick did not work for me (tried twice). But on my fourth attempt (same browser - not pasting the URL) it’s suddenly works :smiley: :thinking:

Why should this be so hard?

I believe it has to do with the hosting provider, On my hosting serving I did not experience this issue, but on my clients hosting services yes.

Thanks @Scott
I wonder what’s causing this issue? Would be handy to know.

I’m not sure my installation was 100% correct since there are several small issues:

• I get a „partial“ 404 error on the home page and the title tag is empty
  • The URL ends with „/public“
  • The cookie bar in the bottom missing the „Accept all cookies“ button
  • There is a database error when trying to install the language package (First step wizard). It disappears to quickly, so I can not read whats wrong.

Well, maybe clean everything and do another try?

Hi,

I get a „partial“ 404 error on the home page and the title tag is empty
Maybe your hosting is missing mod_rewrite? This could be the cause for issues regarding 404s in the storefront.

The URL ends with „/public“
That is a setting of your domain, make sure that your domain points to the /public folder. Should be easily done in your hosting configuration

The cookie bar in the bottom missing the „Accept all cookies“ button
The Button can be activated in the admin. Just look in the settings > basic information > security and privacy > Show „Accept all cookies“ Button

There is a database error when trying to install the language package (First step wizard). It disappears to quickly, so I can not read whats wrong.
This should be logged on the server: Debugging

Hi @Moritz_Naczenski
Thanks for the replay - and sorry for a late response.

Yes, it was an error on the server level (hosting). They helped me and set it correct. After a new try with installation, all is now working. I was not possible to set the domain root to „public“ (cPanel), so the work around was a symlink.

I found the settings for the Accept button. :man_facepalming:

/ magnus