SannNLSannNL MemberComments: 3 Received thanks: 0 Member since: December 2019

Hello, 

I'm looking into the possibilities with Shopware 6. I installed it on my Mac and am using local host. But when I want to download an extension/plugin I need to add a domain. So I chose localhost.com.nl (because it was required) but then it goes to check for my shopware version... which ofcourse isn't on that domain. So how do i download extensions?  I don't have a future domain name yet.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• brettvormkoppbrettvormkopp MemberComments: 1866 Received thanks: 369 edited December 2019 Member since: March 2013

Do you mean future or feature domain?

If you got a domain you should "fake" register a shop with the sw-domain-hash.html and select a shopversion on this none-shop-domain in the account. Than you can download any matching plugins as a zip file. this zip file can be uploaded in any domain.

EDIT

myshopdomain.localhost.whatever.com -> real shop, cant register, but can upload zip

your-spare-domain.nl -> fake shop/domain, register -> download zip

• SannNLSannNL MemberComments: 3 Received thanks: 0 Member since: December 2019

I mean we are currently using Magento 2 for our customers and for a future customer and maybe multiple customers I'm looking into if Shopware extensions can do everything that our curstomer wants.

@brettvormkopp‍ Ah oke and where would i download that sw-domain-hash.html file?

• brettvormkoppbrettvormkopp MemberComments: 1866 Received thanks: 369 Member since: March 2013

you create that file within the registration of a new shop in the account.shopware.com . you must be owner of your-spare-domain.nl it doesnt matter if there is a real shop behind it or not. it is just for the "registration" that will allow you to download the plugin as a zip file. this zip can be used on any other domain. 

iam not shure if this works for payable plugins, but free plugins will work.