Update problem

Hello everybody,

i have a strange problem during the system update. It goes well through all steps, but after it finishes it gives me blank screen. If i try to go back to backend it gives me: "

Unsere Website befindet sich gerade in der Wartung.

Wir stehen Ihnen bald wieder zur Verfügung. Entschuldigen Sie etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten.

"

Then i try to go back to mydomain.de/recovery/update/cleanup and it lists a cache folder: var/cache/production_201803081536. So i do the clean up again, but white screen comes back. If i go back to the cleanup part, it lists the same directory. If i delete the directory on server, it doesn’t list it in clean up page the first time, but it gives the white screen again. The second time i try the clean up, the folder is there again. Somehow, the folder comes back even though i deleted it by hand.

Does anybody have some advice on how to solve this? Just mention, before the update, i cleaned the cache completely, using the clean cache backend part.

It would be great, if somebody can help out.

Thank you

Does anybody have some idea? :slight_smile:

It sounds like the cleanup doesn’t run all the way through. See if there is a „update-assets“ folder in the root of your shop and rename it (to update-assets-bak or something similar). As long as this folder is present the maintenance screen is being displayed.

If that fixes your problem and your shop runs fine, you can delete the folder lateron.

@hsoebbing schrieb:

It sounds like the cleanup doesn’t run all the way through. See if there is a „update-assets“ folder in the root of your shop and rename it (to update-assets-bak or something similar). As long as this folder is present the maintenance screen is being displayed.

If that fixes your problem and your shop runs fine, you can delete the folder lateron.

Nope, already checked for that and also for maintenance.html, since i found somewhere that this file might stay behind, but there isn’t one.

The strange thing is that the folder production_201803081536 is not even in var/cache/, before the update starts. There is a folder with some other date, but not with this one. Then all of the sudden, this folder comes up and it keeps coming back over and over, even though i delete it manually.

As i said: This folder is the cache of the shop. The timestamp at the end differs because it is the revision of the currently running version of Shopware. This version changed after your update, so does the name of the folder.

The maintenance page get’s displayed because the shop is still in update mode. It determines that it is in this mode, because there is a folder called “update-assets” in the root of the shop folder. Please rename this folder and check if the shop runs then.

As i already said: I’ve checked the root folder of the website, while the maintenance mode is on and there is no “update-assets” folder there, which is also strange, since i read about removing of this folder on couple of different posts, but i don’t have it at all.

Did you double check every single Plugin for compatibility before you did the whole update?

I just checked the source, the other file that is checked is 

files/update/update.json

If that file still exists, the maintenance page is also shown. Maybe you need to remove that one?

@Murmeltier schrieb:

Did you double check every single Plugin for compatibility before you did the whole update?

Yup

@hsoebbing schrieb:

I just checked the source, the other file that is checked is 

files/update/update.json

If that file still exists, the maintenance page is also shown. Maybe you need to remove that one?

Removing json file solved the issue. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile: