"Make sure that shopwareEndpoint and shopwareAccessToken are settled in the configuration", Error

I"m having this issue by using Shopware Frontends in Nuxt 3. „Make sure that shopwareEndpoint and shopwareAccessToken are settled in the configuration“,

I added this to my nuxt.config.ts with the variables in my .env file but same error

runtimeConfig: {
shopware: {
shopwareEndpoint: process.env.SHOPWARE_ENDPOINT,
},
public: {
shopware: {
shopwareEndpoint: process.env.SHOPWARE_ENDPOINT,
shopwareAccessToken: process.env.SHOPWARE_TOKEN,
devStorefrontUrl: „“,
},
},
},

Any idea on how to resolve this?

did you figure it out?

Like was there any additional places you needed to put your env variables? Or perhaps an issue with the api you had set as your SHOPWARE_ENDPOINT/TOKEN?

I assume there is just further processes that I need to do but I am a little stumped as to what my next steps are. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe you should remove the first shopwareEndpoint entity, don’t think its supposed to work with it being defined as private and public!

Also you could check out the way Nuxt recommends to use the env variables. Its pretty useful in case you build your application on different env-files because you then will be able to overwrite them during runtime! https://nuxt.com/docs/guide/going-further/runtime-config#example

TLDR: Name them as NUXT_PUBLIC_SHOPWARE_SHOPWARE_ENDPOINT=VALUE in your .env file, delete process.env.SHOPWARE_ENDPOINT in the runtimeConfig and use ‚‘ (an empty string) instead!
NUXT_ is the important part, PUBLIC_ in case its specified as public, after that its basically the structure of your runtimeConfig.

Additionally here is a pretty good video about the topic:

Hope that helps! :slight_smile: