Signup form email

Hi
If you make up a very fake email throws an error
Expected response code 354 but got code “554”, with message "554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients
"
Test email used
(asdfasdfasdfkljkldsauhiuweqn@iasdfklnhjkaeiuqwoerqcwnqerw.com)
But if you fill the right email (a real existing domain), it works
Solution for this?

UPDATE

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install production
  2. go to the backend and set a valid working SMTP email server provider (My SMTP server is provided by mittwald.de)
  3. Go to frontend try to create an account, fill the form and on the email field paste this  “asdfasdfasdfkljkldsauhiuweqn@iasdfklnhjkaeiuqwoerqcwnqerw.com
  4. Click continue
  5. Get error

It seems it has to do with the email provider response “Recipient address rejected: Domain not found”, and SW6 cant handle the response
 (My SMTP server is provided by mittwald.de)

If you go back to the backend the account is there, the password works, everything on that account is fine.
Is just SW6 crash on a “Domain not found” SMPT server response

If you create the account with a valid email domain, everything works, no errors and email gets delivered

Is ist only connected to the dev environment? I think this Exception will be catched in prod. Otherwhise it sounds like a bug to me. 

1 „Gefällt mir“

I did try in prod, and it gives an error too, but it does not show

To show the error I changed the .env  APP_ENV=prod -> APP_ENV=dev

Hi Yafar,

just had a look into my SW6.1.1 installation and also into the master branch, did not get the error you mentioned, cause my browser detects the blankspace after the " . " 
Can you double check this if it also happening on a “clean” installation of shopware?

Kind regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

The error is not from the space (that was my mistake when pasting it here  Foot-in-Mouth)

Try to set up an SMTP server on the backend and create a user with a not exiting email domain

per exmple

asdfasdfasdfkljkldsauhiuweqn@iasdfklnhjkaeiuqwoerqcwnqerw.com

Hi Yafar,

I see, did not recognize you were looking at the admin point of view and the smtp server. 
If I add a “random” address like you mentioned before into my smtp settings, the login fails, whatever I type in. 
I guess this just means that shopware tries to send the mail, but this fails so the login fails aswell. 
Should not be a too big thing at the moment, if mailer is correct or you use “disable email delivery (temporarily)”, you are able to login again, however I added a ticket to our issue tracker for this: https://issues.shopware.com/issues/NEXT-7129

Kind regards,
Tim

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi @timbrns‍!

Thank you again

But sorry I think you got me wrong (or I did not explain my self clearly Foot-in-Mouth)

1. install production
  2. go to the backend and set a valid working SMTP email server provider (My SMTP server is provided by mittwald.de)
  3. Go to frontend try to create an account, fill the form and on the email field paste this  „asdfasdfasdfkljkldsauhiuweqn@iasdfklnhjkaeiuqwoerqcwnqerw.com
  4. Click continue
  5. Get error

It seems it has to do with the email provider response „Recipient address rejected: Domain not found“, and SW6 cant handle the response

If you go back to the backend the account is there, the password works, everything on that account is fine.
Is just SW6 crash on a „Domain not found“ SMPT server response

If you create the account with a valid email domain, everything works, no errors and email gets delivered

@timbrns schrieb:

Hi Yafar,

I see, did not recognize you were looking at the admin point of view and the smtp server. 
If I add a „random“ address like you mentioned before into my smtp settings, the login fails, whatever I type in. 
I guess this just means that shopware tries to send the mail, but this fails so the login fails aswell. 
Should not be a too big thing at the moment, if mailer is correct or you use „disable email delivery (temporarily)“, you are able to login again, however I added a ticket to our issue tracker for this: https://issues.shopware.com/issues/NEXT-7129

Kind regards,
Tim

This sounds like definitely like a second bug   Grin

Hi @Yafar_iSi‍

I think I got it now. But this is possibly connected to mitwald rejecting the mailaddress and sending the error back to shopware. In my test environment with “local” smtp server I can register with any email typed in. Might check the mitwald setup, but to be honest, does not look like to much of a bug to me, right?

Kind regards,
Tim 

Hi @timbrns‍,

The bug is that instead of handling the error, it has a crash
Perhaps is more of an improvement 
It should display a message saying, „Invalid email address,  Check the email address and try again“, or something else, instead of throwing an exception

We currently have an old SW5 installation with the same provider (mitwald), and it does handle the response in a more elegant way (not perfect though )…

But in SW6, this is not self-explaining:

A 554 response is normally due to invalid address response, to spam or bad DNS

Perhaps an AJAX request to send the email before accepting the form? 

Hi @Yafar_iSi‍,

seems like I am not getting this issue on my test environment. 
Best would be if you could add this issue to https://issues.shopware.com/ so that our devs can have a deeper look into this for further updates!

Kind regards,
Tim

1 „Gefällt mir“

@Yafar_iSi schrieb:

Hi @timbrns‍!

Thank you again My Wegmans Connect

But sorry I think you got me wrong (or I did not explain my self clearly Foot-in-Mouth)

1. install production
  3. Go to frontend try to create an account, fill the form and on the email field paste this  „asdfasdfasdfkljkldsauhiuweqn@iasdfklnhjkaeiuqwoerqcwnqerw.com
  4. Click continue
  5. Get error

It seems it has to do with the email provider response „Recipient address rejected: Domain not found“, and SW6 cant handle the response

Is just SW6 crash on a „Domain not found“ SMPT server response

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing 

Great for information
Thanks for sharing Mywegmansconnect.club