Shopware update

Hello,

i’ve tried to update Shopware from 5.3.2 to 5.3.7, but the system told me: “The file permissions of 3220 file(s) could not be fixed.”. Since it’s not realistic to fix this by hand, i tried with entering ftp permissions and letting the system to fix it by itself, but it couldn’t connect to the ftp, to which i connect every day without any problem.

The strange thing is that i made a copy of the website, put it on a subdomain and update worked there without any problem.

Can somebody give me some advice how to solve this? I hope that i will get a reply on this, since nobody replied on my previous two posts on this forum.

Thank you

1. fix permissions: An Introduction to Linux Permissions | DigitalOcean

2. update

@NextMike schrieb:

1. fix permissions: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/an-introduction-to-linux-permissions

2. update

Well, i know that i shoulf fix permissions, i mean, it’s obvious by the message Shopware gave me, but there are 3220 files with permissions that for some reason are not good. Doing that manually, is not really a small work. :slight_smile:

I guess that there is some way to find out which files are the ones that should be fixed and to fix the permissions using some code? There is also a question of which permission these files should exactly have.