SMTP settings not working

I’m trying to setup Mandrill for sending the system emails, but somehow the settings aren’t being used by the mailer class. Idoes seem to switch to SMTP, but it doesn’t seem to use any of the settings I provide in the backend. As you can see in the snippet below, it seems to revert to the default settings and port. Not the settings mandrill uses: host: smtp.mandrillapp.com, port: 587 etc. I did flush the config cache. When I look in the database the settings seem to be saved correctly. Any ideas on how to solve this?

#0 engine/Library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(153): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->__construct(NULL, '25')
#1 engine/Library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(194): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->__construct(NULL, '25', Array)
#2 engine/Library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(343): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()

I solved the problem. Even though the tooltip for the Mailer config says ‚mail, SMTP and file‘ are valid options, you have to specify ‚smtp‘ (lowercase). It might be better to have this field a dropdown instead of a text field. Or make the check in the code case insensitive as it’s converted to Camel case anyways to invoke the transport class.