Selling digital products?

Hi,

Can I use Shopware 6 to sell digital (downloadable) products?

because it is listed as a feature here, but I can not seem to find it

Not yet, no. I rembered that they said downloadtable products will be added somwhere in 2020.

@Shopwareianer schrieb:

Not yet, no. I rembered that they said downloadtable products will be added somwhere in 2020.

Okay that’s a pity. Is there no way to achieve this? Or should I install Shopware 5 and migrate to 6 later when the feature is implemented?

If you really need it i would go with SW5 and then migrate to 6 if it’s available.

If you have the budget / or being a developer i would develop a plugin by myself maybe.

@Shopwareianer schrieb:

If you really need it i would go with SW5 and then migrate to 6 if it’s available.

If you have the budget / or being a developer i would develop a plugin by myself maybe.

Alright thanks. 

I’m a developer but I don’t have the knowledge to create such a plugin for Shopware. So I think it’s best to stick with core functionality and then migrate when available. So far the only major differences between SW 5 and 6 I have noticed are in the backend.

Shopware 6 is still pretty new, there’s much development going on and some things may change.

So if you’re looking for a current stable solution, yeah - Go with Shopware 5. Shopware 5 will be supported until 2024 i think or 2025. So there’s no rush to use Shopware 6.

But yeah: The main difference between 5 and 6 is that 6 is completly re-written and uses a lot of state-of-the art tools like Symfony, Twig, Vue for the administration ( don’t call it backend : ) ,development tools like webpack, sass etc. a lot of improvments compared to Shopware 5 etc.