Products list Sorting

Hello 

Could anyone please give me some help finding where can I change the default sorting in the products list? So far Shopware is sorting the products by „Release Date“ and I would like to change it to „Popularity“. Somehelp will be very appreciated.

Thank you

Hi jfrade,

go to the menu “Configuration” and than click on “Cache/performance”. In the tab “Settings” you have a list entry on the left side for “Categories”. There you can change the “Default sort order for listing”

Greetings from Schöppingen

cool Michael Telgmann

Michael Telgmann 

Thank you I would never go there, thanks for your help

@Michael Telgmann schrieb:

Hi jfrade,

go to the menu „Configuration“ and than click on „Cache/performance“. In the tab „Settings“ you have a list entry on the left side for „Categories“. There you can change the „Default sort order for listing“

Greetings from Schöppingen

cool Michael Telgmann

Hope is not a problem to join this topic, Do you know how can I sort a category listing (probably for all categories) by reviews, rating, evaluation or whatever the name you use for this. I mean, for example, the products with more stars should be displayed on top and the ones with less stars at the bottom. I was looking for it in the Basic Settings > Frontend > Filter/Sorting but looks like the closest one could be Popularity? but this one does not work as I need. Any clue?

Thanks.

Very helpful! My only problem is that Search Results pages use this as well instead of “Relevance” for a default sort. Is there a setting to preclude search results from using this so it still uses relevance?

hey haix,

the setting for default sorting changed in the last Shopware versions. To change the default sorting of the search page go to Configuration -> Basic Settings -> Frontend -> Search

Best regards from Schöppingen

Michael Telgmann