How to Access Source Code?

Hello,

I have an online shop with shopware and i would like to access the source code to see the html and css in text.

How can i access it?

Thank you

Hi,

in the plugin quick start guide (which is for developers) there is an overview of all folders and what they are for: Plugin quick Startup Guide

Roughly speaking: All template (HTML) and CSS files as well as JavaScript can be found in /themes. In /engine you can find most of shopwares business logic.

Please notice, that it is not just „HTML and CSS“ - as most of shopware’s content is dynamically generated. But perhaps the link already helps you to get along.

Best regards,

Daniel

1 „Gefällt mir“

Alright, thank you Daniel, so i think that this is the right way to get to the source code. But where can i find this directory structure? Do i have to log on to the file server or can i access it via Shopwares backend?

Hi,

it depends a bit on how it is hosted and who is it hosting. Usually you can access it by logging into your webserver via FTP / SFTP / FTPS or SSH. Usually the hoster will give you credentials for one of these.

There is no way, to do sourcecode modifications from the shopware backend.

Best regards,

Daniel 

1 „Gefällt mir“

Ok so im getting closer and closer to the actual source code with your help.

Now i logged on to my FTP and i searche for the html in the folder “engine” (and “theme”) but i cant find it. Am i on the right way? Where can i find the .html file??

Hi,

you can find it in /themes/Frontend/Bare. It is called “*.tpl” - as it is a dynamic shopping system there are not static / pure HTML files. Mostly those tpl-files contain normal HTML - but also parts in curly brackets: these are commands for the template engine with place holders for prices, articles names etc.

The JS and CSS can be found in /themes/Frontend/Responsive. But instead of pure CSS we are using LESS which is (roughly speaking) CSS on steroids. 

In the “engine” folder you only find the PHP scripts - these are not about design and templates but more about business logic like “user registration”, “cart” or “searching for items”.  

Daniel

2 „Gefällt mir“

you won’t find any html files, the files you are looking for are .tpl files in /themes. you have to learn how to extend these files on your own theme, get familar to smarty and have to read the documentation for that changes can be seen in the frontend