dp01100100dp01100100 MemberComments: 9 Received thanks: 0 Member since: October 2020 edited October 2020

Hi - I've installed Shopware 6, and when I put the ServerName from the shopware.conf in the browser shopware opens fine.

What I want to achieve is that when I put my ip address in, it opens to the shopware page. The reason for this is I want to open this from a 2nd VM using just the ip address for now.
(( I can ping and connect to the ip address - that is working fine.))

The default appache .conf file, when the DocRoot is set to /var/www/html/test will open the index.html in that Dir, but when set to /var/www/html/shopware/public - it brings a 500 internal server error.

When the default is left as default, with the ip address I get the apache default.

Apache is working fine, I feel like I've narrowed it down to the shopware directories, and either the .htaccess needs changing, or the index.php in the /shopware/public dir is preventing this.

I've been all through the forums and I can't find any answer. I've changed the permissions from the directories to 755, files to 644.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing.

thanks in advnace

1 Answer

• ThomasChrThomasChr MemberComments: 278 Received thanks: 47 Member since: April 2017

As told in the Github Issue you need to add your (servers) IP address as a Sales Channel. Shopware does only show up on URLs which are definied as a Sales Channel. All other URLs throw 500 at you.

Accepted Answer
    Thanked by 1dp01100100
  • Accepted Answer

Answers

• User10010101User10010101 MemberComments: 2 Received thanks: 0 Member since: November 2020

I've got the same issue on Shopware 6 where I can't access the storefront from an IP address.

I've installed Shopware using Dockware, where the admin panel works fine, but the storefront doesn't.

Is this a problem in Shopware 6?

• dp01100100dp01100100 MemberComments: 9 Received thanks: 0 Member since: October 2020

I had the docker installation but had the same problem, you need to be looking to how to contact the container IP but I couldn't figure it out.

So I went for an installation without docker yet I'm still stuck.

• User10010101User10010101 MemberComments: 2 Received thanks: 0 Member since: November 2020

I've opened an issue on Github: https://github.com/shopware/platform/issues/1475

Hopefully there's a quicker reply on there about how to resolve this issue; feel free to add details of your problem in the comments there.

• dp01100100dp01100100 MemberComments: 9 Received thanks: 0 Member since: October 2020

I'm pretty sure with your issue though, is that its less with Shopware - and more to not being able to access the docker containers ip address outside of your local environment with out some work-around.

• ThomasChrThomasChr MemberComments: 278 Received thanks: 47 Member since: April 2017

As told in the Github Issue you need to add your (servers) IP address as a Sales Channel. Shopware does only show up on URLs which are definied as a Sales Channel. All other URLs throw 500 at you.

Accepted Answer
    Thanked by 1dp01100100