CSV Product Import

Hello!

I have a CSV file of some custom format that contain products. Each line is a product with all its information - from the name to its category and all the attributes.

After several attempts, I successfully imported basic product information. Then I created categories manually in the backend.

Now is the question - how do assign each product his category?

I have a category column in my CSV file, which contains category name in usual text form like for example „Kronleuchter“. There is a " categories" column in the „Default product“ import profile. If I put categories in text format under this " categories" column and import using „Default product“ import profile - it doesn’t work.

I assigned a category for a product manually, then exported, opened a CSV file, and in the „categories“ column I see this - c037b8abf0fa466b8aa34d96c7166299. So how do I support to connect categories with the products via import then?

Thank you!

Currently ist is only possible to assign products to categories with the uuid of the category, ist should be part of the category export.

Since the category name is a non-unique field, it is not usable for an assignment.

@Moritz Naczenski schrieb:

Currently ist is only possible to assign products to categories with the uuid of the category, ist should be part of the category export.

Since the category name is a non-unique field, it is not usable for an assignment

Thank you for your reply.

So I also tried that. I have about 10 categories, it was not a problem to find all the UUID for each category in the database and put them in the import CSV file instead of the text value. But it also did not work. Maybe I should try again, could this work? Or it is also not enough?

This should work fine. Try the uuids from the export, propably it will work.