Update from Shopware 5.0.0 to 5.5.4 under PHP 7.1 possible?

Hello,

our Shop is actually on Shopware Version 5.0.0. Now we had to switch the Hoster and there is only PHP Version 7.1 and 7.2 with Ioncube Loader v10.2.1 available. Is there any way to Update the Shop to the newest Version 5.5.4?

Best regards

Hi @Crafter‍,

yes, you can update you shopware but you should know, that there is no pre check to all of your installed plugins.

As well - there is a problem with IonCube. All plugins, which are available in the shopware store have been encoded with IonCube 9 - which is NOT compatible with php 7 nativly. So there is a risk to update. The best way is to preprare all used plugins and check if there is an free version (not encoded) of the plugin. Next step is to check, that all plugins are officialy compatibel with php 7.1/.2/.3. 

If it’s all done - enjoy the performance of Shopware on php 7.2 :wink:

Hello MacGyverNRW,

thanks for your answer. When I Update from that Version can I Update directly to 5.5.4 with the updater in the backend?

And Im not sure if the Shop in the current 5.0.0 Version is even runable on PHP 7.1. When I go to the shop packe I get the message “503 Service Unavailable” and in the PHP Error log I get the following:

[Thu Dec 20 22:19:43 2018] [php7:error] [pid 8651] [client **] [host***.**] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\\Common\\Annotations\\AnnotationException: You have to enable opcache.load_comments=1 or zend_optimizerplus.load_comments=1. in /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/vendor/doctrine/annotations/lib/Doctrine/Common/Annotations/AnnotationException.php:193\nStack trace:\n#0 /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/vendor/doctrine/annotations/lib/Doctrine/Common/Annotations/AnnotationReader.php(171): Doctrine\\Common\\Annotations\\AnnotationException::optimizerPlusLoadComments()\n#1 /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/engine/Shopware/Components/Model/Configuration.php(188): Doctrine\\Common\\Annotations\\AnnotationReader-]__construct()\n#2 /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/engine/Shopware/Components/DependencyInjection/Bridge/ModelAnnotation.php(53): Shopware\\Components\\Model\\Configuration-]getAnnotationsReader()\n#3 /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/cache/production_201504271122/proxies/ShopwareProductionProjectContainer.php(447): Shopware\\Components\\DependencyI in /is/htdocs/***/www/shopware/vendor/doctrine/annotations/lib/Doctrine/Common/Annotations/AnnotationException.php on line 193

Shopware 5.0.0 is not compatible with php7.1.

You need to make the update with php7.0 (e.g. in a local environment). Perhaps you can try the manual update package: https://de.shopware.com/download 
Shopware 5 - Update Guides - Updating Shopware