Shopware Cart

Hey :slight_smile:

Actually, when user changes currency, I loose all products from shoping cart. There are some way to replace values and currency at shopping cart every time user changes currency?

Thanks.

Hi,

this is not default behaviour: Currency changes should not empty the cart. We do have such a behaviour for  shop  changes, however.

Perhaps a plugin is involved?

Best regards,

Daniel

1 „Gefällt mir“

In fact, exploring the application i’ve checked that a widget is responsible by currency change. The problem here, I think, is that each currency is a link to another “shopId” with different shop configurations. 

Thanks.

Hi,

this is only the case for the subshop switch - not for the currency switch. Please compare with e.g. http://www.shopwaredemo.co.uk/ - if I add an item to the cart (currency: pounds) and change to currency USD later, my cart will still be filled. So from your description I’d assume, that this is either a regression in the shopware version you are using - or a problem with a plugin. 

Or did I get you wrong?

Best regards,

Daniel

Note:
- the application came to me in a mature state. So I’m at learning status for shopware, as starting to understand application business needs.
- Shopware version is 5.0.3.

So, at backend 3 shops are created. And the user selects at frontend the proper currency. My links now are redirecting to another shopId that holds different currency. I believe that in  http://www.shopwaredemo.co.uk/ the shopId is the same.

I think that to „fix this“ right, I have to replace „shopId“ redirect by currency frontend plugin.

Thanks by your help

Hi,

ah, I see. I guess in your case the previous developer either linked the currency-switch to a subshop-switch for some reason or they even created distinct currency-subshops and use the subshop-switch as a currency switch. That would explain your problems. Probably this was done, to link e.g. USD to another catalogue then EUR.

Actually its a bit hard to tell from here - but probably investing on how and why the subshop switch is performed is very promissing. Perhaps one of the „earlier“ project participants knows, why currency + shop are linked.

If it turns out, that you have to keep the subshop switch, the issue is the following: During subshop switch, the customer gets a new sessionID - so there is one session per subshop and customer. That’s the reason, why the basket is „lost“ (it’s still in the database) So you might end up „migrating“ the basket from the previous shop to the current shop. In that case, the „s_order_basket“ table would be, what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Daniel