How to run watch mode in admin?

Hi all!

I’m using the docker image for local development, the :watch command works in terms of file watching and auto recompiling. However, the changes are not reflected in the browser without running :build.

Also port 8080 just reports connection reset error.

Thanks!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hello,
I have the same issue, no matter what I do the watch and hot reload just don’t work. I tried at home, and at work, and this feature of Shopware is so buggy that it doesn’t work no matter what. Documentation on Shopware is a joke. You do evertying exactly like they instruct, and then on the end you get some unclear error (or simply ‚connection reset‘). Shopware community is dead. So basically choosing shopware as a e-commerce system you should think not twice but better 10 times.

If anyone can explain why does shopware „reset the connection“ it would be great. But I see the original post has already a year, so there’s noone that can answer this question.

The watcher does not save files to the disk. You have to run build to have the files saved.

PS: just add this env before it speed ups the compiling

export DISABLE_ADMIN_COMPILATION_TYPECHECK=1
export SHOPWARE_ADMIN_BUILD_ONLY_EXTENSIONS=1
export PUPPETEER_SKIP_CHROMIUM_DOWNLOAD=1

But what is the whole point of watching files, if I have to build the theme manually? Like seriously, I don’t want to insult the Shopware creators (it’s very hard though), but in which way such feature makes sense? Watch = I make change, and I see it in the browser. But of course not on Shopware, here even such obvious think doesn’t work as expected

bin/watch-administration.sh

Note that a different port is used!

1 „Gefällt mir“