Assign several customer groups to a customer

Hi,

Is it possible to assign some different customer groups to the same customer? I’m using some plugin based on customer groups and would be really usefull to be able to assign several groups to the same customer but so far I haven’t seen any option in my backend, just one group can be assigned to each customer

Hope you can help me

You have to custom develop this.
I’ve struggled with the same question and sadly within the Shopware default you cannot assign one customer to multiple groups (or vice versa). 

I wonder: if the assigned customer groups have different taxes, prices, rebates, dispatch methods… which should be picked or displayed in the shop?

Kind regards

That’s a pain. How do you managed to solve this? Have you created a plugin? Is there any solution already developed for this?

Thanks for your reply

@EikeWarneke schrieb:

I wonder: if the assigned customer groups have different taxes, prices, rebates, dispatch methods… which should be picked or displayed in the shop?

Kind regards

That wouldn’t be a problem, you can define a ‚default‘ customer group which will be the one used for those things. I just don’t understand the decission to limit this to one customer group per user, it’s not precise enough in my opinion. You will end up with hundreds of different groups, moving customer from one to another and probably missing some customers in the process

Why do you have hundreds of customer groups?! Maybe your concept is just wrong or just not compatible with shopware. 
What are you trying to do anyway? Why do you need so many customer groups?

Kind regards

@roberto schrieb:

That’s a pain. How do you managed to solve this? Have you created a plugin? Is there any solution already developed for this?

Thanks for your reply

I think we ‚solved‘ it by adding a free text field and a script that check if that field is filled or not to allow one customer group access while others don’t. Works for what we needed it for, but won’t allow a real ’ Customer A is part of Group B C D and F’ structure.  

@EikeWarneke schrieb:

Why do you have hundreds of customer groups?! Maybe your concept is just wrong or just not compatible with shopware. 
What are you trying to do anyway? Why do you need so many customer groups?

Kind regards

This is just an example, if your shop it’s massive this could happen. Assuming my concept is wrong before even knowing more from the project it’s kind of rude and completely off-topic. Again, I don’t need so manu customer groups, I have ten max but think in websites like amazon, do you think they have two customer groups? I’m not amazon obviously but I don’t want a tool that is limiting me from grow as a company.

I want to assign different customer groups to the same user to be able to show/hide some payment options so if the user is in the group ‚credit card‘ (please note this is an example again, I don’t have a group called credit card) will be able to pay using that option, but I don’t want to define prices, taxes and everything else in there. The alternative which is having one customer group for each different configuration will force me to create more customer groups

@pascalvg schrieb:

@roberto schrieb:

Thanks for your reply

I think we ‚solved‘ it by adding a free text field and a script that check if that field is filled or not to allow one customer group access while others don’t. Works for what we needed it for, but won’t allow a real ’ Customer A is part of Group B C D and F’ structure.  

That’s sort of what I’m looking for actually, don’t need the whole functionality from customer groups. Thank you so much!

Im not trying to be rude - Im just trying to understand what you are trying to do… Maybe I could have helped with a different approach…

Kind regards