Newsletter form on home page

How to add newsletter form on shop home page, as Shopware 5 has?

Also, I couldn’t find how to add newsletter checkbox on the customer registration page, checkout page, etc.?

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hey,

there is already a form for that. Try to open the URL /newsletter. But it seems that this page is nowhere linked.

Best regards from Schöppingen

cool Michael Telgmann

Okay, but that is not quite an answer I was looking for. I was wondering how to inject this form or a simple checkbox somewhere, so the users can easily subscribe to the newsletter.

For an example in Shopware 5 in home page footer there is a small text form for a subscription (like a screenshot which I have sent in the previous comment).

Also in Shopware 5 in settings for checkout, you can include newsletter subscription checkbox in the checkout process. Is this option not available in Shopware 6?

Hello,

Shopware 6 is still under development and all previous and upcoming releases are Early Access Versions. Please also refer to our roadmap for more information https://www.shopware.com/en/roadmap/
Due to that, of course Shopware 6 does not have the feature set, that Shopware 5 has. If you miss a thing please open a issue ticket here: https://issues.shopware.com/

Best regards from Schöppingen

cool Michael Telgmann

With Shopware 6.1.5 stable now, is there any way to achieve what @dusank‍ asks for, a newsletter subscription form in the footer?

Additionally, the /newsletter page gives me a 404/not-found.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:

I have added the newsletter form to my footer, but when I submit the form I just get a JSON response. Is it possible to submit the form without AJAX, or do I have to make an AJAX request / display the response via JavaScript?

Best regards

@zwei I’m running into the same problem. Did you solved it on your side and how?

The theme of our customer (not developed by us) implements this into the footer but after pressing the submit button it navigates to the raw json response as new page. There is no other code change actually. (Shopware 6.4)

{% sw_include '@Storefront/storefront/element/cms-element-form/form-types/newsletter-form.html.twig'
    with {
    action: 'frontend.form.newsletter.register.handle',
    submitText: 'newsletter.formSubmit'
}
%}