NOT SOLVED :( Cart in header resets to £0.00 even thought items are still in session - then returns!

Still got the problem. This is where I am up to.

1. Using 5.5.1, upgraded in the backend from 5.4.6 

2. Getting the problem using Responsive theme.

3. I’ve done a diff between the 5.5.1 commit and my codebase and the code matches in /bin/, /engine/, /themes/ (Bare and Responsive)

4. I’ve removed all plugins except for the following Shopware AG ones (name / version number)

• Advanced Menu (Erweitertes Menu) – 1

• PayPal – 1.0.7

• Shopping World Presets – 1.0.1

• Google Services – 3.0.0

• Shopware Import/Export – 2.6.2

• Shopware Auto Update – 1.0.0

• Statistics – 1

• InputFilter – 1

All the rest were de-activated and uninstalled (clearing the cache and rebuilding the theme each time it suggested it). I have 16 uninstalled plugins but presumably they cannot affect it.

1. I’ve cleared the cache in the backend and also using clear_cache.sh and rebuilt the theme.

2. If I manually load the controller https://mysite/checkout/ajaxCart in another tab and reload the shopware page, the correct values come in to the header cart

3. The code to get the cart numbers seems to be in function cartRefresh - line 189 of jquery.shopware-responsive.js. The only subscriptions to this are on onAddArticle and onRemoveArticleFinished.

4. There are no errors in the developer console in Chrome.

5. There are no errors in core_dev-2018-10-02.log except for deprecated warnings.

6. There are no errors in my php error log file.

7. There are no errors in my mysql log

8. While I’ve been writing this, I had a tab open with the correct values in the cart. I’ve just closed the tab, and opened it again in another tab, and the values have gone back to 0.00 / 0. Opening the off-canvas cart – which shows the products - and closing it again, and then refreshing the page shows the right values again.

9. I am sure this bit is happening but it seems too odd so I am trying to prove it to myself 100% and it’s a matter of time/patience.

But I think sometimes the value can reset to 0.00 / 0 without me even leaving the page (I may go to another tab of course, but I don’t reload the page or move to another part of the site). I’m not sure if this is possible as the only subscriptions I can find for cartRefresh are mentioned above. I’ve set a breakpoint on that function and will wait to see if it gets called randomly. It tends to seem to happen if I leave the page unused for a while, which is why I am struggling to be 100% certain it is happening as I keep forgetting to make a note that the page was 100% right in the first place :wink: I’m testing that now though.

I think that’s all for now. I actually wrote this all once and then lost it in a crash :frowning: so had to retype it and remember it all. Hopefully I’ve not forgotten anything important. 

If anyone has any ideas on how I can solve this – or tips on how to solve it myself that I haven’t already tried, please let me know!

Thanks