500 Internal server error

Hello there community,

I have been trying to install Shopware 6 on my cpanel server at Fastcomet.com. However, I keep getting a 500 internal server error.

Below are the steps i’ve done when trying to install Shopware 6.

1. I downloaded Shopware 6 from the website.

2. I extracted all the installation files in the root directory of my domain: https://sitesetup.nl/

3. When I first assessed my website, I’ve got the following message: 

Shopware Root Directory

You should not be able to see this page.
If yes you are missing some important server configuration. For security reasons, all accessible files are located in the /public directory of your Shopware installation.

Please configure your web server to root your domain to the /public directory of this installation.

1. What I did next is, I adjusted the root directory to point to the /public folder.

2. Now when I try to access the site, it returns a 500 internal server error. I have browsed the internet and the forum. But I was unable to find a solution.

I think it has something to do with the .htaccess file. But I don’t know how to set up the file correctly;/ This is how it looks currently:

DirectoryIndex index.php

Options -MultiViews

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}::1 ^(/.+)/(.\*)::\2
    RewriteRule ^(.*) - [E=BASE:%1]

# Sets the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION header removed by Apache
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} .
    RewriteRule ^ - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^     RewriteRule ^index\.php(?:/(.\*)|) %{ENV:BASE}/$1 [R=301,L]

# If the requested filename exists, simply serve it.
    # We only want to let Apache serve files and not directories.
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]

# Rewrite all other queries to the front controller.
    RewriteRule ^ %{ENV:BASE}/index.php [L]

RedirectMatch 302 ^/$ /index.php/

Hope someone of you can help me!

Thanks a lot,

Greetings

Wichard

Solved the issue after changing file permissions! Changed all folders to: 755 and files to 644.

For some reason when I extracted the zip file the permission were changed.

The first thing you need to know about an 500 Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection.  This is a ‚catch-all‘ error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 Internal Server Error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload the web page.
  • Clear your browser cookies and cache
  • Come back later.
  • Finally, Ask your Hosting Provider

I have same issue. everythig is working fine when I call the public folder directly in URL. However, using the redirect of document root I get the error 500.
All files (644) and folders (755) have the correct attributes.
Interstingly, when I call the root folder of the Sw installation, I get a correct message that I should use „Public“ instead.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have the same issue, I thought maybe it is in the .env. I checked and double checked the url paths

Composer-HOME path: server url path here/public/var/cache/composer
it’s correct

APP_URL: points to DomainName/public
it’s correct

Is there any solution for this case?
I have a similar case, with CentOS 7.9 + cPanel, I’ve changed a document root to public folder as described at https://support.cpanel.net/hc/en-us/articles/360051373774-How-to-change-the-document-root-for-a-cPanel-account
The permissions are correct
But still seeing error 500 on the frontend, without any entries in apache log

Having the same issue.