Shopware 6 update error

Hello,

we are trying to update SW6 setup and have this error: 

Error
Received the following error message:
An exception occurred while executing ' CREATE TABLE `acl_role` ( `id` BINARY(16) NOT NULL, `name` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `created_at` DATETIME(3) NOT NULL, `updated_at` DATETIME(3) NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci ': SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'acl_role' already exists

Please try to fix this error and restart the update.
Response
{"valid":false,"errorMsg":"An exception occurred while executing '\n CREATE TABLE `acl_role` (\n `id` BINARY(16) NOT NULL,\n `name` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,\n `created_at` DATETIME(3) NOT NULL,\n `updated_at` DATETIME(3) NULL,\n PRIMARY KEY (`id`)\n ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci\n ':\n\nSQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'acl_role' already exists"}

Anyone has such experience?

‚acl_role‘ already exists

Maybe you did that update twice? The table has to be removed from the database. Also removing the „dummy“  (i think its located in files/update) file when retry the update.

Maybe you did that update twice?

Thank you for a reply Brettvormkopp!

1. Update failed the 1st time and the 2nd, so I did update 0 times. But there were 2 attempts. 

1. Now I need to dig deeper in Shopware SQL structure i guess, because I can’t just delete the table. When I drop it, i got this warning:

SQL query:

DROP TABLE acl_role

MySQL said: 

#1451 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

1. Then, when I try to use ON DELETE CASCADE action, i got this:

SQL query: 

SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM referential_constraints WHERE CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA = ‚c2064test‘ AND referenced_table_name = ‚acl_role‘ AND delete_rule = ‚CASCADE‘ LIMIT 0, 25

MySQL said: 

#1146 - Table ‚c2064db_maksyna_new.referential_constraints‘ doesn’t exist

Can someone drop a tip for the Shopware database workaround?

Have a lovely weekend!

If someone have same issue - removing database fields helped to migrate finally. 

What do you mean with „removing database fields“?