Problems creating sub-themes - really need help

Hi,

I’ve been discussing this on gitter in some detai todayl but to summarise:

If I create a new theme based on Responsive or Bare, it works fine. On 5.4.3 and 5.4.4.

But after I install Themeware Modern theme from the store - even if I don’t activate it - if I try to create a new theme based on Responsive it creates an error.

I noticed it at first creating a theme based on Modern but then worked backwards - using several different servers,  setup in different ways - and the problem happens each time.

If I made a copy of Themeware Modern, it then took 30 seconds to load the Theme Manager (or to get to the customisation).

So far the team behind the theme haven’t been able to help except offer to look at the server setup for a fee, but this is happening across different servers so I don’t think it’s a server issue.

The error is like this:

Oops! An error has occurred! The following notes should help you. An exception occurred while executing ‘INSERT INTO s_core_templates_config_elements (type, name, position, default_value, selection, field_label, support_text, allow_blank, less_compatible, attributes, container_id, template_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)’ with params [“theme-media-selection”, “mobileLogo”, 0, “s:47:“frontend/_public/src/img/logos/logo–mobile.png”;”, “N;”, “__smartphone__”, null, 1, 0, “a:1:{s:14:“lessCompatible”;b:0;}”, 727, 39]: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘39-mobileLogo’ for key ‘template_id_name’ in vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php on line 131 Stack trace: #0 vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Statement.php(177): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(PDOException), ‘INSERT INTO s_c…’, Array) #1 engine/Library/Doctrine/ORM/Persisters/Entity/BasicEntityPersister.php(281): Doctrine\DBAL\Statement->execute() #2 vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(1014): Doctrine\ORM\Persisters\Entity\BasicEntityPersister->executeInserts() #3 vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(378): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->executeInserts(Object(Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadata)) #4 vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(356): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->commit(NULL) #5 engine/Shopware/Components/Form/Persister/Theme.php(61): Doctrine\ORM\EntityManager->flush() #6 engine/Shopware/Components/Theme/Configurator.php(133): Shopware\Components\Form\Persister\Theme->save(Object(Shopware\Components\Form\Container\TabContainer), Object(Shopware\Models\Shop\Template)) #7 engine/Shopware/Components/Theme/Installer.php(169): Shopware\Components\Theme\Configurator->synchronize(Object(Shopware\Themes\MyResC\Theme)) #8 engine/Shopware/Components/Theme/Installer.php(130): Shopware\Components\Theme\Installer->synchronizeThemes() #9 engine/Shopware/Controllers/Backend/Theme.php(195): Shopware\Components\Theme\Installer->synchronize() #10 engine/Library/Enlight/Controller/Action.php(193): Shopware_Controllers_Backend_Theme->listAction() #11 engine/Library/Enlight/Controller/Dispatcher/Default.php(549): Enlight_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘listAction’) #12 engine/Library/Enlight/Controller/Front.php(222): Enlight_Controller_Dispatcher_Default->dispatch(Object(Enlight_Controller_Request_RequestHttp), Object(Enlight_Controller_Response_ResponseHttp)) #13 engine/Shopware/Kernel.php(215): Enlight_Controller_Front->dispatch() #14 vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpCache/HttpCache.php(486): Shopware\Kernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1, true) #15 engine/Shopware/Components/HttpCache/AppCache.php(268): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpCache\HttpCache->forward(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), true, NULL) #16 vendor/symfony/http-kernel/HttpCache/HttpCache.php(253): Shopware\Components\HttpCache\AppCache->forward(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), true) #17 engine/Shopware/Components/HttpCache/AppCache.php(105): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpCache\HttpCache->pass(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), true) #18 shopware.php(122): Shopware\Components\HttpCache\AppCache->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request)) #19 {main}  

That is from creating a theme based on Responsive, under 5.4.4. 

The template_id it complains about is always the theme that is being created. The new theme is created, but after this error, if I go into theme manager, not only does it take 30 seconds (or more) to load, and if PHP’s memory limit is less than 1024M, then it runs out of memory trying to allocate memory for doctrine.

Has anyone else had this? Is it a Shopware issue? An issue with the Modern theme? Or am I doing something stupid (across multiple servers and different setups)? 

Thanks
John

Did you consider talking to the plugin’s vendor? What was his response?

Happy selling,

Geert

Yes, I mentioned that in my question. I’ve spoken to them and their first reply was more or less not even a reply, and then they suggested it was a problem with the server and said they could look at the server for $$$ but I’ve tried it across several servers, differnet versions of Shopware, and differnet setups (ie, manual installation of Apache/Mysql/php and Plesk etc).

I have written back to them again but at the moment I really dont know what to do. The reviews on this theme all say their support is excellent but …

Thanks

What’s the most ingenious custom theme/plugin worth if you can’t get support. I’d stop wasting my time on it.

to be fair to them, I am on the trial period (although obviously if I can’t get it to work then I won’t be paying for it), and today they have offerd to take a look if I set up a new server with a fresh installation of SW on it and nothing else, which I’ll do as soon as I’ve got a few tasks out of the way.

does anyone else here use any of the Themeware themes? (from what I can gather they are all the same code base, just different looks). 

I set them up with a fresh VM and they came back saying ‚good news you can use it now‘. then said the error was known but the reason why not known yet but they were already previously speaking to Shopware about it… And but once copied, it’s fine…

if that’s the case, I dont know why i took so many emails to get to that stage, especially when I told them the error from the beginning and they wanted me to pay them to look at the server?!

but even if that is the case, theme manager is taking 17 seconds to load when the theme is installed and needs a high php memory_limt to work or it fails with a doctrine memory allocation error. if I have two versions (theirs and my child version), it takes over 30 seconds. the same applies to when I go to configure theme. I’ve asked them about this and waiting for a reply. it’s painful to work with. it can’t be right, surely?

and it’s not the server, it’s more than powerful enough!

thanks