Redis configuration

Dear all, 

We are trying to enable redis caching using the following manual:

https://developers.shopware.com/developers-guide/shopware-config/#redis-configuration

This is a shared hosting server and therefore there are multiple redis instances that use authentication:

The manual is not clear about how we should add the redis auth password. Is this possible at the moment?

Best regards

Wietse D.

Hey, 

at the moment it seems to me that is not possible. I created a pull request to implement this. Please have a look into it: support redis auth in createRedisCacheProvider by teiling88 · Pull Request #1329 · shopware/shopware · GitHub

Greetings

Hello Thomas, 

Thank you for looking into this. 

As this version is not released yet i tried adding your lines from the git to the latest version and edited the config.php

'model' => [
    'redisHost' => '127.0.0.1',
    'redisPort' => 6379,
    'redisDbIndex' => 0,
    'cacheProvider' => 'redis',
    'redisAuth' => 'ditiseentopsecretpassword'
],
'cache' => [
    'backend' => 'redis', // e.G auto, apcu, xcache
    'backendOptions' => [
        'servers' => array(
            array(
                'host' => '127.0.0.1',
                'port' => 6379,
                'dbindex' => 0,
                'redisAuth' => 'ditiseentopsecretpassword'
            ),
        ),
    ],
]

This give me a zend error in redis.php (NOAUTH required) . I did a quick hack to enable redis auth here: 

$this->_redis->auth($server[‘redisAuth’]);   just before 

111 if ($result)
    112 $this->_redis->select($server['dbindex']);
    113 else
    114 $this->_redis = null;
    115 }

This makes it working. I just wanted to let you know the zend libraries need an update to. But maybe you already knew this. 

Best regards.

Wietse

@Wietse schrieb:

This makes it working. I just wanted to let you know the zend libraries need an update to. But maybe you already knew this. 

Thank you for your testing. I checked it only with the Model Cache implementation. I allready created an internal Pull Request for this. Should be available in the next hours on github too.